- A warm bed covering made of two layers of fabric with a layer of padding, such as down or wool, in between, and stitched together in a decorative pattern.
- A decorative cover for a piece of furniture.
From the old english cwilt, of germanic origin meaning "something rolled up".
- She made a quilt for her daughter's bed.
- The quilt was made of various scraps of fabric.
- He put a quilt on the couch to protect it from wear.
- The quilt was passed down from her grandmother.
- The quilt had a intricate pattern on it.