- Consisting of five parts or elements.
- Five times as great or as numerous.
- Having five aspects or qualities.
- Occurring five times.
- Being five times the size or amount.
From latin quintus (fifth) + -uple (having a specified number of parts).
- The quintuple alliance comprised five countries: France, Russia, Italy, Great Britain, and the United States.
- They won the championship with a quintuple score.
- The painting had a quintuple layer of varnish.
- The car was involved in a quintuple collision.
- The company's profits increased by a quintuple amount.