- The act of giving up or renouncing a claim or legal right, especially to property.
- A legal instrument used to give up a claim to property.
The word quitclaim comes from the old english word "cwitan" meaning to relinquish or give up and "clæm" meaning a claim or demand. it refers to the act of giving up or renouncing a claim or legal right, especially to property.
- She quitclaimed the property to her son.
- He quitclaimed his rights to the inheritance.
- They executed a quitclaim deed to transfer ownership of the property.
- The quitclaim ended her interest in the property.
- The quitclaim was recorded with the county recorder.