Foolishly impractical, especially in the pursuit of ideals; marked by rash, lofty, or extravagant ideas or aims.
From spanish quixote "don quixote" (17th century novel by miguel de cervantes).
- He"s a bit quixotic, he"s always dreaming up grand plans that never come to fruition.
- His quixotic ideas about saving the world were admirable, but unrealistic.
- She was too quixotic, her plans were impossible to execute and too costly.
- His quixotic approach to solving problems led to a lot of wasted time and resources.
- He had a quixotic vision of a utopia that was impossible to achieve.
Some random words: gubernatorial, leftward, breakneck