The minimum number of members of a group that must be present for the group to conduct its business.
From latin quorum "of whom", ablative plural of qui "who".
- A quorum of the board must be present before any business can be conducted.
- The meeting had to be rescheduled because not enough members were present to form a quorum.
- The quorum for the meeting was not met, so it had to be rescheduled.
- It is difficult for a quorum to meet during the summer because many members are away on vacation.
- It was decided that the quorum for the meeting would be six members.