- A specified amount or proportion of something that is allocated or required.
- A limit or restriction on the amount or number of something that can be produced, imported, or consumed.
- A proportion of something, such as a particular group of people, that is required or allowed to be included in a situation.
From the latin word quota meaning "a share" or "a portion".
- The company has a quota for sales this quarter.
- The quota for imports of steel has been reached.
- The government established a quota for women on the board of directors.
- The quota for the number of refugees that can be accepted into the country.
- The school has a quota for the number of students from underprivileged backgrounds.
Some random words: interbreed, nonhazardous, reassess