- A passage of text or speech that is repeated or cited.
- The act of repeating or citing a passage of text or speech.
- A price quoted for goods or services.
The word "quotation" is derived from the latin word "quotare" which means "to mark" or "to number". it was used to describe the act of marking or numbering a text or passage. in the 18th century, it began to be used to describe a passage of text or speech that is repeated or cited, either for its own merit or to support or refute an argument.
- She used a quotation from Shakespeare in her essay.
- He gave a quotation from the Bible in his speech.
- The quotation was from the famous book.
- He requested a quotation for the work to be done.
- She made a quotation of the price of the goods.