To broadcast or show again, as a television program or film.
From the prefix re- (meaning again) and the verb run. the word first appeared in english in the early 20th century.
- The classic TV show is going to be rerun on a cable channel.
- The movie was so popular that it was rerun in theaters the following year.
- The network decided to rerun the episode due to high demand from viewers.
- The marathon reran the last mile of the race after a technical glitch.
- The company reran the tests to verify the results.