A fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.
Xeno- + -phobia.
- The country's xenophobia was evident in its strict immigration policies.
- The politician"s xenophobic rhetoric was designed to appeal to voters" fears and prejudices.
- Xenophobia can manifest as both individual attitudes and institutional policies.
- The xenophobia in the society was the main cause of discrimination towards immigrants.
- Xenophobia often leads to the exclusion of immigrants and minorities from full participation in society.
Some random words: meretricious, clump, tattler