Having or showing a fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.
Xeno- + -phobic.
- The politician's xenophobic statements were met with widespread condemnation.
- He had a xenophobic attitude towards immigrants and refused to work with them.
- The xenophobic policies of the government led to the persecution of minorities.
- The xenophobic rhetoric used in the political campaign was widely criticized.
- His xenophobic views were evident in the way he treated people from other cultures.