A musical instrument consisting of a graduated series of wooden bars that are struck with hammers to produce musical tones.
The word xylophone is derived from the greek words xylo- meaning "wood" and -phon meaning "sound or voice". it"s a musical instrument that creates sound by striking wooden bars with mallets. .
- She was playing a beautiful melody on the xylophone.
- The xylophone is a percussion instrument.
- He was a xylophonist in the school band.
- The xylophone is a part of the orchestra.
- The xylophone has a unique sound and it's often used in jazz music.