A person who sails or races yachts as a sport or recreation.
The word yachtsman is a combination of yacht and man, the word yacht is a shortened form of the dutch word jacht, meaning "hunt" or "chase". it refers to a person who is skilled in sailing or operating yachts.
- He was a yachtsman and he loved to sail on the weekends.
- The yachtsman was an experienced sailor.
- He was a yachtsman and he had been sailing for many years.
- The yachtsman was a member of the yacht club.
- The yachtsman was a competitor in the sailing race.