- To make a sharp, high-pitched sound, typically a dog's bark.
- To talk or complain in a noisy, high-pitched way.
The word "yap" comes from the middle english word "yappen" which means to bark or yelp. it has been in use since the 16th century. it refers to make a sharp, high-pitched sound, typically a dog"s bark, or talking or complaining in a noisy, high-pitched way.
- The dog yapped at the mailman.
- He yapped about his problems for hours.
- The puppies yapped as they played.
- She yapped nonstop on the phone.
- The dog yapped constantly until its owner came home.