- A measuring stick that is 3 feet (36 inches) long.
- A standard or measure used for comparison or evaluation.
The word "yardstick" is a combination of "yard" and "stick". a yardstick is a measuring stick that is 3 feet (36 inches) long, traditionally used to measure yards. it has been used since the 19th century to refer to a standard or measure used for comparison or evaluation.
- The carpenter used a yardstick to measure the length of the board.
- He used his success as a yardstick for others.
- The teacher used the test scores as a yardstick to evaluate the students' performance.
- The company uses customer satisfaction as a yardstick for the quality of their products.
- A yardstick is a useful tool for measuring length and width.
Some random words: nibbler, husbandry, repressive