A Jewish school or educational institution, particularly one that focuses on the study of the Talmud and traditional Jewish texts.
The word yeshiva is derived from the hebrew word yashiv, meaning to sit.
- The young man studied at a prestigious yeshiva in Jerusalem.
- Many Jewish scholars have graduated from the famous yeshiva in Lithuania.
- The rabbi was a respected teacher at a yeshiva in New York.
- The yeshiva offered classes in Talmud, Torah, and Jewish law.
- The boy's parents were proud that he was accepted to study at the top yeshiva in Israel.