A large, apelike creature said to inhabit the Himalayas and other mountainous regions of Central Asia, often described as a biped with shaggy, dark hair and large teeth and eyes.
The word yeti is derived from the sherpa word yeh-teh, meaning "rock bear" or "shaggy bear".
- The expedition was searching for evidence of the yeti.
- The yeti is also known as the abominable snowman.
- The yeti is considered a cryptid, a creature whose existence is unproven.
- He claimed to have seen the yeti on his trek through the Himalayas.
- The yeti is said to leave large footprints in the snow.