A person from a rural area, considered to be unsophisticated and naive; a rustic.
From middle english yokel, yokele, from old english ġeōcel, ġeōcl, ġēcl, from proto-germanic *jukilaz, from proto-indo-european *yugós ("yoke"). .
- He's just a yokel from the countryside.
- The city slickers made fun of the yokels.
- The town yokel was out of place in the city.
- The yokel didn't know how to use the escalator.
- He"s a yokel, he"s never been to the city before.
Some random words: bedroom, drudge, peacemaking