- Having a relatively short period of existence, growth, or development.
- Having the characteristics of youth, such as being fresh, energetic, and inexperienced.
- Relating to or designed for young people.
- Having a small age, especially in comparison to another individual of the same species.
- Recently born or hatched.
Derived from the old english word 'geong' which means 'young, youthful'.
- She was young and vibrant.
- The young leaves were tender.
- He was a young man with a bright future.
- The young chicks were chirping.
- The young couple was in love.