An expression of pleasure or delight in the taste or smell of food.
Representative of a childish or informal utterance of enjoyment or delight.
- She took a bite of the chocolate cake and said 'yum' with a smile on her face.
- The little girl licked the ice cream and said 'yum' as she closed her eyes in delight.
- The chef tasted the soup and exclaimed 'yum' as he smiled with satisfaction.
- The aroma of the freshly baked cookies filled the room and everyone said 'yum'.
- She took a sip of the lemonade and said 'yum' as she savored the sweet, tart flavor.