- Comically or clownishly odd; eccentric or whimsical.
- Ludicrously or extravagantly odd.
From the italian word "zanni" which is a type of commedia dell"arte character.
- The comedian's zany antics had the audience in stitches.
- He was known for his zany fashion sense, often wearing mismatched socks.
- The theme park's new ride was a zany mix of roller coaster and water slide.
- The zany plot of the movie had us guessing until the very end.
- The zany scientist's inventions were often too impractical to be useful.
Some random words: coffeecake, drowse, heroin