- To destroy or remove quickly and easily, often using a ray or a beam of energy.
- To stop or end suddenly or abruptly.
- To attack or affect with a sudden burst of energy or electricity.
From the sound made by a weapon or device that fires a burst of energy or electricity.
- The laser zapped the rocks and turned them into dust.
- He zapped the TV to turn it off and went to bed.
- The electric shock from the fence zapped the intruder and he fell to the ground.
- She zapped the file and it was gone from her computer.
- The computer virus zapped the files and the system had to be restarted.