A light, gentle breeze; a soft wind.
From middle english zephir, from old english zefir, from latin zephyrus, from ancient greek ζέφυρος (zéphuros), the name of the greek god of the west wind.
- The zephyr blew through the trees, rustling the leaves.
- A zephyr cooled the air as the sun set.
- The zephyr carried the scent of blooming flowers.
- The zephyr was blowing gently.
- The zephyr was blowing through the sails and the ship was moving smoothly.
Some random words: inquest, gentlewoman, beseech