The outermost and colorful part of the rind of a citrus fruit that is used as a flavoring.
Middle english, from old french zest, from latin zestus, from greek zestos, from zestos, live, lively, from zein to boil, seethe.
- He grated the lemon zest to add flavor to the cake.
- She added a little orange zest to the marmalade.
- The zest of the lime gives the drink a tangy taste.
- The zest of the orange is added to the dough for a citrus flavor.
- She used zest of lemon in her recipe to add flavor.
Some random words: open-minded, statesmanship, when