A flowering plant of the daisy family, native to Mexico and Central America, with brightly colored, typically single flowers on tall, leafy stems.
The word zinnia is named after johann gottfried zinn, a 18th-century german botanist.
- The garden was full of colorful zinnias.
- The zinnia was a popular flower for summer gardens.
- The zinnias were planted in different colors, red, yellow, orange, pink and purple.
- The zinnias were easy to grow and they were drought-tolerant.
- The zinnia was the official flower of the state of Texas.
Some random words: decaffeinate, formfitting, umbel