Relating to the zodiac, which is the band of the sky divided into 12 equal parts, each named after a constellation, and through which the sun, moon, and planets appear to move.
The word zodiacal is derived from the latin word zodiacus, which refers to the zodiac.
- The ancient astrologers believed that a person's fate was determined by their zodiacal sign.
- The zodiacal light is a faint glow seen in the night sky near the sun, caused by reflection of sunlight by interplanetary dust.
- The zodiacal calendar assigns a different sign to each month based on the position of the sun.
- The zodiacal band is used to locate stars and other celestial objects in the sky.
- The zodiacal constellations are commonly used as symbols in astrology, horoscopes, and astrological charts.