A specialist in the scientific study of animals, including their classification, anatomy, physiology, behavior, and distribution.
Derived from the greek word zōon ("animal") + -logist ("one who studies").
- The zoologist was conducting a study of the migration patterns of birds.
- The zoologist was an expert in the behavior of primates.
- The zoologist worked at the wildlife reserve, monitoring the health of the local animal populations.
- The zoologist was passionate about educating the public about the importance of conservation and protection of wildlife.
- The zoologist was part of a team of scientists who were investigating the impact of climate change on marine animals.
Some random words: nonstarter, spreadable, regulatory