A long, cylindrical, green-skinned variety of summer squash.
The word "zucchini" originated in the early 20th century, it comes from the italian word "zucca" which means "gourd" or "squash" and "ini" meaning "little of" and refers to a variety of summer squash.
- Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Zucchini can be grated and added to cakes and breads.
- Zucchini is a good source of vitamin C and potassium.
- Zucchinis are often used in Italian dishes such as ratatouille.
- Zucchinis are easy to grow in a home garden.