A style of dance music developed by African Americans in southwest Louisiana that combines elements of blues, rhythm and blues, and traditional French Louisiana music.
From louisiana french zarico, from african american creole zodico.
- The band played zydeco music all night.
- Zydeco music is characterized by its accordion and washboard instrumentation.
- The dancers were enjoying the zydeco music.
- He learned to play the accordion to play zydeco music.
- The Zydeco music is a blend of various cultures, it has African American, French and Native American roots.