- The act of taking someone away illegally by force, especially in order to hold them as a hostage or to make them do something against their will.
- The act of carrying something away or the process of being carried away.
- In anatomy, a movement of a limb away from the midline of the body.
From latin abductiō, from abducere ("to lead away"), from ab- ("away") + ducere ("to lead").
- The police are investigating the abduction of the young girl.
- The abduction of the hostages caused widespread panic.
- The abduction of the famous actor made headlines all over the world.
- In medical procedures, the abduction of the arm is necessary for proper examination.
- The abduction of the moon caused the tides to change.
Some random words: christmas, busload, transgression