- Having sufficient power, skill, resources, or qualifications to do something.
- Having the means or ability to do something.
- Possessing the necessary physical or mental ability to perform a task.
- Having the power or capacity to exist, act, or function.
- Competent or capable in a particular sphere or activity.
Middle english: from old french, from latin habilis, from habere "to have".
- She is able to play the piano.
- He is not able to lift heavy weights.
- They are able to solve the problem.
- She was able to finish the project on time.
- They are not able to understand the instructions.