A person who performs abortions.
Formed from the noun abortion and the suffix -ist, denoting an agent noun.
- The abortionist was a controversial figure in the community, with strong opinions on both sides of the issue.
- The abortionist faced legal challenges and protests for their work, but continued to provide the procedure for women in need.
- The abortionist was highly trained and provided a safe and professional service.
- The abortionist was an advocate for women's reproductive rights and freedom of choice.
- The abortionist received numerous threats and harassment from anti-abortion activists.