- To receive something that is offered, especially with pleasure or gratitude.
- To agree to do something; to give consent to something.
- To believe or come to understand something as true or real.
From old french accepter, from latin acceptare, from ad- + capere "to take".
- He accepted the gift with a smile.
- She accepted the job offer after much consideration.
- He accepted her apology and forgave her.
- The committee accepted the proposal and voted to move forward with it.
- It took me a while, but I"ve finally come to accept that he"s gone.