The process of becoming accustomed to a new environment, especially a new climate.
From acclimatize, from french acclimater, from a- "to" + climat "climate".
- The tourists went through acclimatization before they went on their trek.
- It takes time for a person to go through acclimatization in a new environment.
- The process of acclimatization helps the body adapt to the changes in temperature and altitude.
- The acclimatization period for the new employee was tough but he eventually adjusted.
- The climbers were advised to take time for acclimatization before attempting to summit the mountain.