- A musical instrument that is played by pressing buttons or keys, with a bellows that forces air through reeds to produce sound.
- A book or document that has a series of folded pages that open like an accordion.
From the french accordéon, from accord ("agreement, harmony") + -éon, suffix indicating a musical instrument.
- The accordion was a popular instrument in the traditional folk music.
- He was an accomplished accordion player.
- The accordion-folded brochure provided a lot of information in a small space.
- I always loved the sound of the accordion, it reminds me of my childhood.
- His accordion was a constant companion on all his travels.