- To successfully accomplish or complete (a task or goal).
- To bring about or reach a desired outcome.
- To attain or accomplish something difficult or desired.
- To reach a level of excellence or distinction in something.
- To gain or earn something through effort or action.
Late middle english: from old french achiever, from a- (from latin ad "to") + chief (from latin caput "head").
- He achieved success in his career.
- She achieved her goal of running a marathon.
- They achieved their goal of raising $10,000 for charity.
- He achieved fame as a musician.
- She achieved her degree in record time.
Some random words: sophism, microsecond, prudery