- A person who achieves success, especially in their professional or academic pursuits.
- A person who sets and attains goals.
From achieve + -er, from the middle english acheve, from old french achever, from latin ad- ("to") + capere ("to take, capture").
- He was considered a high-achiever in his field.
- She was an over-achiever, constantly setting and achieving new goals.
- He was a natural-born over-achiever who always set high standards for himself.
- She was an under-achiever who had a lot of potential but never fully realized it.
- He was a consistent over-achiever who was always pushing himself to do better.