- Having enough evidence to support taking legal action.
- Capable of being acted upon; practical and useful.
Late 19th century: from action + -able.
- The information in the report was deemed actionable and a lawsuit was filed.
- The CEO asked for actionable recommendations to improve the company's finances.
- The suggestion was not actionable as it lacked specific details and instructions.
- The new software provides actionable insights into customer behavior and preferences.
- The manager wanted actionable steps to increase employee satisfaction and reduce turnover.