- The state or quality of being actual or real.
- Something that is actually the case or exists, as opposed to something imagined or hoped for.
- A thing that has practical reality, especially a political or social issue or situation.
Late middle english: from old french actualité or late latin actualitas, from latin actus "act".
- The actuality of climate change is a matter of great concern.
- The actuality of the situation was much different than what was reported.
- The actuality of the incident was difficult to confirm.
- The actuality of poverty and inequality is a global challenge.
- The actuality of her death was a shock to everyone who knew her.