The process of adjusting to new conditions or of becoming better suited to a particular purpose or situation.
From the verb adapt, from latin adaptare, from ad- "to" + aptare "to fit".
- The adaption of the novel into a film was done with great care.
- The plant's adaption to the dry climate was remarkable.
- The animal's adaption to its environment was fascinating to watch.
- The adaption of the company to the new market was slow but successful.
- The adaption of the play to the stage was a challenge but it was well received by the audience.