- Being or happening as an addition.
- Added to what was already there or already happening.
- Being or representing an increase or supplement.
- Being one more or an extra one.
- Being additional information or details.
Late middle english, from latin addītiōnālis, from addītiō addition.
- They are hiring additional staff for the holiday season.
- The additional data supports the conclusion.
- The company will provide an additional bonus for outstanding performance.
- The additional chapters gave more background information on the characters.
- She ordered an additional side of fries with her burger.
Some random words: stringency, bootcut, buddy