- The act of making changes or modifications to something to improve its performance or functionality.
- The process of adapting or getting used to a new situation or condition.
- A small change or alteration made to achieve a desired result or effect.
The word 'adjustment' originated from the middle english word 'ajustment' which means 'the act of making something right or suitable.'.
- The adjustment of the seat made it more comfortable for the rider.
- The adjustment to the new job was difficult but he eventually got used to it.
- The adjustment in the recipe improved the flavor of the dish.
- The adjustment of the schedule allowed everyone to attend the meeting.
- The adjustment of the camera lens improved the clarity of the image.