- Giving an advantage; favorable or helpful in achieving a goal or purpose.
- Providing benefits or gains beyond the normal or expected.
From the latin word "advantagium" meaning benefit or gain.
- Investing in the stock market can be advantageous for your financial future.
- Having a good education is an advantageous asset in today's job market.
- The new technology proved advantageous to the company by increasing production.
- Taking a class before the exam was advantageous, as it helped me understand the material better.
- It is advantageous to have a good reputation in the business community.