- A native or inhabitant of Afghanistan.
- A type of knit or crocheted blanket or shawl, typically made with colorful yarn, used especially for warmth.
- A breed of dog with a thick coat of fur, often used as a hunting or watchdog breed.
Late 18th century: from afghan, the english name for the people of afghanistan.
- She is an Afghan who emigrated to the United States as a child.
- The old lady was wrapped in an afghan, watching TV.
- My favorite breed of dog is the Afghan Hound.
- Afghans make great watchdogs due to their protective nature.
- The brightly colored afghans at the store caught my eye.