- Of, relating to, or located in Africa.
- Of or relating to the peoples native to Africa.
- Of or relating to the African continent and its people, culture, or languages.
- Of or relating to the black race.
- Having African ancestry or origin.
Late middle english, from latin afer, from afrīcus african.
- African elephants are the largest land animals.
- She studied African history in college.
- African cuisine is known for its use of spices and bold flavors.
- The African American community has a rich cultural heritage.
- She has African roots and is proud of her heritage.