- An aftertaste is the lingering taste that remains in the mouth after eating or drinking something.
- In a broader sense, aftertaste can also refer to any residual sensation or impression that remains after an experience.
Aftertaste is a compound word formed from "after" and "taste".
- The aftertaste of the wine was a pleasant combination of fruit and spice.
- The aftertaste of the meal was unpleasant, leaving a greasy feeling in the mouth.
- The aftertaste of the conversation was awkward and tense.
- The aftertaste of the concert was a feeling of euphoria and happiness.
- The aftertaste of the adventure was a sense of wonder and excitement.