- The process of sticking together, the state of being stuck together, or a product of this.
- The union of separate linguistic units into a single word without changes in their forms.
- The clumping of cells, bacteria, or other particles through physical interaction or by using a chemical substance.
Late latin agglutinatio, from latin agglutinare, from ad- + glutinare to glue.
- The agglutination of the cells led to the formation of a clot.
- The agglutination of linguistic units formed the present-day vocabulary of the language.
- The agglutination of particles was seen under the microscope.
- The glue caused the agglutination of the broken pieces.
- The blood sample showed a positive result for agglutination.