A person who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God or not.
Late 19th century: from greek agnōstos "unknown" + -ic.
- He was an agnostic, he couldn't decide whether to believe in God or not.
- She was an agnostic and had no opinion about the existence of God.
- He was an agnostic and believed that the existence of God is unprovable.
- The agnostic philosopher believed that the question of God's existence is beyond human understanding.
- He was an agnostic and does not claim to have knowledge of the existence or non-existence of God or gods.
Some random words: vague, moonwalk, hand-me-down