A scientist or professional who specializes in the study of soil management and the production of plants, especially crops, in the field of agriculture.
From the greek word "agros" meaning "field" and "nomos" meaning "law" or "science", it"s a term coined in the 19th century to describe a scientific study of agriculture.
- The agronomist helped the farmer increase crop yield by improving soil fertility.
- As an agronomist, she specialized in the study of sustainable farming methods.
- The agronomist was responsible for conducting research on new crop varieties.
- An agronomist's job includes providing technical advice to farmers and landowners.
- The agronomist was an expert in the field of plant breeding and genetics.
Some random words: relinquish, indexer, knob