- A type of aircraft that is powered by engines and has a long, narrow body with a rigid framework, typically filled with helium or hydrogen to make it buoyant.
- A type of aircraft that is lighter than air and can be navigated and controlled by a crew.
From the word "air" meaning the upper atmosphere and "ship" meaning a vessel or vehicle, referring to a vehicle that can travel through the air.
- The Hindenburg was a famous German airship that tragically caught fire in 1937.
- The airship flew over the city, providing passengers with a bird's-eye view of the skyline.
- The military used airships for reconnaissance missions during World War I.
- The airship was filled with helium gas and floated gracefully in the sky.
- The airship was an impressive sight as it slowly drifted over the crowd.