- A type of fine-grained, translucent marble or gypsum that is typically white or light-colored.
- A statue or carving made of alabaster.
- A white or light-colored material that resembles alabaster, especially a type of unglazed porcelain.
Middle english: from old french alabastre, via latin from greek alabastros, denoting a vase made of a type of fine-grained, translucent marble found in the eastern mediterranean region.
- The alabaster vase was a beautiful piece of art.
- The alabaster statue was a masterpiece of the artist's work.
- The alabaster lamp was a unique addition to the room.
- The alabaster wall was a striking feature of the building.
- The alabaster figurine was a delicate and intricate piece.
Some random words: counterclockwise, systematize, marsupial